Add this quick and easy emerald green breakfast smoothie to your morning routine. Not only with this smoothie add a bit of luck to your health each day, but it can also be used for the morning post St. Patrick's Day celebrating. This is by far my favorite breakfast smoothie. It is easy to make, energizing, delicious and leaves me satisfied until my mid-morning snack.
What You'll Need
- 1 Scoop Chia Seeds
- 1 Scoop Hemp Seeds
- 1 Handful Almonds (replace with a scoop of almond butter for a more filling smoothie)
- 1 Handful Spinach
- 1 Scoop Coconut Oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 banana
- 1 Scoop VegaOne (All-in-One Plant Protein can be found at Whole Foods)
- Smoothie Mixer (I use the Cuisinart Compact, but anything relative to that will work)
- Start with your banana, then add your almond milk. VegaOne, Chia Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Almonds and Spinach.
- Give it a quick mix on high.
- Then add one scoop of your coconut oil. Mix again on high for about 30 seconds.
- Place in the fridge for a thicker shake in the morning or have immediately after mixing.
What are all those ingredients good for anyway? Here is a quick rundown of all the benefits this green monster will give you each morning.
- Chia Seeds are high in protein, fiber and antioxidants
- Hemp Seeds provide an excellent source of fatty acids (think Omegas) and digestible protein
- Almonds are the lucky charms of heart health and protein
- Spinach is an anti-inflammatory (yes, please!), anti-cancer, antioxidant, high in vitamin k, calcium and magnesium (good for the bones)
- Coconut Oil improves blood cholesterol levels and may lower your risk of heart disease
- Bananas are high in potassium (good for cardiovascular health), energy, high in vitamins and fiber
Whether you're starting the day off with this protein-packed green cup of gold or saving it for your afternoon pick me up, it will have you dancing the Irish jig all the way to the end of the rainbow.